Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day (Late)

I think I can say that this Mother's Day had more meaning to me then the last. Yes last year was my first Mother's Day, but Amelia was just a newborn and I didn't really know what it meant to be a mother. Now (with a over a year under my belt) I have gained an appreciation for the word "mother". It is the hardest, best, most rewarding, under appreciated job there is. I have a whole new respect for ALL the mothers in the world, especially my own (she had to put up with me).

To celebrate this day we kept it pretty low key. Saturday, Amelia and I headed south for a baby shower celebrating Baby Stella coming on the 25th, a picnic with the family, and Becki's birthday party with friends. Sunday started with brunch with the Konings, a long run and fun in the sun (My sister let me steal Little Tike toys from her backyard. Amelia thought it was Amelia Day!!).


Amelia helping Lyla celebrate becoming a Big Sister.
Monkey see, monkey do. I was watering my flowers, left to get something, and came back to this monkey finishing the job.
New set of wheels!

No comments: