Thursday, June 30, 2011

Strawberry Fields

There is nothing more Whatcom County than berry picking.   There are TONS of farms around here where you can get a box of berries to go, or pick them yourself.  This morning, Sara and I took the kids to Boxx Berry Farm for the end of strawberry session.   We didn't pick too many strawberries, just enough for eating and strawberry shortcake, but Amelia really had a blast.  I have never heard her have so much enthusiasm eating.  Eat bite was a deep "yummy".  

Bucket in hand and ready to get picking.

I had to remind her to only for the red ones. 

Got one.



Snack time: Strawberries and peanut butter toast.  The peanut butter is another Whatcom favorite.  Amelia's best friend Jake got it for her from his work, Bellewood Acres.  There is nothing better than it. I seriously could eat spoonfuls of the stuff.

1 comment:

Team Gibson said...

Okay the peanut butter.........we did eat it by the spoonful. Picture it - Saturday morning our whole fam laying in bed with 2 spoons taking turns eating that fabulous treat!! See you tomorrow :)