Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Spring Break


Siblings, in birth order.  Looking at this picture, I realize how much taller Derek is to us.
Last week was spring break.  Being the awesome mother and wife that I am, I left my family behind and took a girl's trip with my sister to Palm Springs.  I had full trust that things at home were going to be alright and didn't lose an ounce of (well deserved, Advil PM) sleep.  Being the resourceful women that we were raised to be, ReBecca and I spent a total of $200 for the 4 days.  Our awesome husbands gave us air miles, the witty and smart Broughs let us crash in their home, and our days were spent drinking homemade bloodies by the pool, with a couple games of tennis thrown into the mix.  We did good GREAT!   Derek and Kaitlin were also there to celebrate Kaitlin's dad (60th) which contributed to some enjoyable dinners.
One of our dinners together with Kaitlin's family and ours.
The rest of the week was spent making up the lost time to my children.  We did egg hunts, went to the zoo on probably the busiest day of the year, and celebrated Easter with my family.  I even took Amelia to church to help repent my sins. Lastly, we got to meet and celebrate baby Hailey.  I forgot to take a picture of her, but take my word for it...prettiest baby EVER.
Woodland Park Zoo

Easter fun


No comments: