A while back, Wade and I were sitting and talking over a glass of wine. The topic came to things that we are going to regret in 20-30 years. After some discussion, we both came to the similarity of not living abroad as one. A couple weeks later, the stars started to align to make this possible. Even though there are always reasons for us to stay put, the excuses started to disappear.
Fast forward a couple weeks later, my sister and I are in Palm Springs having many conversations over wine and Bloody Marys. I expressed my plans and she then gave me the courage to take the plunge. That week I started the process to open a file for teaching abroad. During this process, I was told the chances of me getting a job were slim. The hiring season was over (it is Nov-Jan) and I was not planning to go to any hiring fairs. Most of all, I have dependents.
My file became active on a Sunday night.
Wednesday morning, I woke up to an email from an international school.
Fast forward a couple weeks later, my sister and I are in Palm Springs having many conversations over wine and Bloody Marys. I expressed my plans and she then gave me the courage to take the plunge. That week I started the process to open a file for teaching abroad. During this process, I was told the chances of me getting a job were slim. The hiring season was over (it is Nov-Jan) and I was not planning to go to any hiring fairs. Most of all, I have dependents.
My file became active on a Sunday night.
Wednesday morning, I woke up to an email from an international school.
Just over a month later, I am exited to say that I have accepted a job. Come late July, the Konings will be moving to Bangkok, Thailand.

I will be teaching at Ruamrudee International School as a special education teacher at the elementary level. Amelia will be able to attend their preschool program and be in the same building as me.



3 comments:
I can't wait to visit!! So proud of you!! xoxo
I guess I better start saving! I still can not believe it. I looked up the school online. It looks great!
Konings - congrats on the big move, that is awesome. I think I'll be out of town for the send off, unfortunately.
Wade - I spent a good stretch of time in Thailand during my bachelorhood. Let's make sure we connect before you go. You'll want to know where the best pingpong shows are.
Post a Comment