Thursday, May 30, 2013

Countdown is on.

With 9 days left until we come home for the summer, my list of things I am excited for is growing. I have decided to list my top 10 (not included seeing family and friends because that is a given) so I can remember to appreciate them when back in the good ole' USA.

1. Eat and EAT....I miss meat the most. Good, red meat grilled to perfection. I have a feeling I am going to gain some weight....Mexican, American, cooking dishes I have not been able to do here....Trader Joe's!!!!!

2. Wearing layers of clothing. For the past 10 months I aimed for minimal, light outfits. Heading to a 30 degree difference, I know I am going to freeze. I am going to be the crazy person dressed like it is winter in June. I miss my hoodies.

3. English: English is spoken a lot here, but I am looking forward to EVERYTHING (mostly) being in 
 English. We live by the saying “you get what you get and you don’t throw a fit”. There is also ”Thailanded” coined by some friends. You have to visit to understand.

4. Driving a car. I have only driven a motorbike while in Thailand. I am hoping I still remember how to drive. I long for the freedom it gives.

5. Running. I use to call myself a runner. I have not ran once here. It is too humid and hot. I am excited to take a run in the fresh Northwest air and not feel dizzy from heat after.

6. Meeting Hadley and other babies born while we were here. Knowing I have a niece and the kids have a cousin they have never met is sad. I hope we can make up from lost time.

7. Taking HOT baths. Only cold showers here.

8. Sleeping with lots of blankets and soft beds. The mattresses in Thailand suck and are very hard. My memory foam on my mom's bed is calling my name.

9. Being in the same time zone...this means calling people and not needing to calculate what time it is there.

10. Using a washer and dryer to do laundry (preferably with Tide). I have a washer in Thailand, but the water is hard and the clothes are dried in the sun. That combo does not give the same feeling on your skin. Tide is also over $30 here in the Western grocery store. I can't afford that. 
Liam has also become a little confused here.  A little time away may be good for him.

No comments: