Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Young Author's Celebration

As some people may know, Thailand is now in a coup. 
No big worries because the only real affect is curfews and military on the main roads.   And....that the first day it was called all school had to be cancelled. 

You would think a kid would be happy about this.  Unfortunately, this day was scheduled to be the author's celebration for PreK-1st.  Amelia woke up that morning with no help, was dressed promptly, and ready at a record rate.  She cried when I told her school had been cancelled. 

Thank goodness the celebration was rescheduled and Amelia got to share the book with Wade and me that she had written on her own.  She was so proud of her knowledge of frogs and I have to say I was impressed with the vocabulary she chose.  She is way smarter then I was at the age. 

To this day I am still a horrible writer/speller.  

Frogs by Amelia
Amelia and her teacher Ms. Darcy
Reading her book to daddy
Busy Bees: Prek2. 

No comments: