Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Spring Break 2015: Borneo

Last week we had Spring Break.  It was also one of the biggest educational conferences in Asia for international teachers.  My good friend Amy and I were selected to present at it, so we quickly realized what the week off would consist of.  It also didn't hurt that the conference was in Kota Kinabalu, Borneo and we being held at the 5-star resort Sutera Harbour.   
I met the kids daily for pool time and lunch. 
One of the perks about presenting is your hotel and flights are all paid for.  I found cheap flights for the kids and Cecile (my helper) and upgraded for not much more to a suite. Spring Break was set.

Part of our suite.  Wish I could afford to come back on my own....not going to happen. 
I was living the high life..or better said...the kids were living the high life for the week! Awesome resort, club rights due to staying in a suite (free happy hour nightly), good food, and sun.  Being the nerd that I am with enjoying learning and the variety of pools and beaches for the kids, it was not a wasted Spring Break.
View from our room. 
Now only if I could afford to go back without presenting. 
The end of one of our days. 
Best part of the conference was meeting up with old neighbors/friends from Bangkok.  Soi Muscle!!  Amy is now in KL and Tim is still in BKK. 
I took a morning off for a snorkeling trip to Sapa Island. 
Liam and our friend Joe playing on the island. 
We all LOVE the beach.  
Crazy kid.  
Cecile and the kids.  I am so lucky to have her in my life.  Wade was in Hong Kong working and couldn't come with us.  I could not have attended the conference without her.  
Beach at the resort. 
Found this guy on the beach. 
One of the many pools on the resort grounds.  
Snorkeling with the kids. 
Liam really did use the snorkel.  
Uncle Walter from BKK.  So much fun hanging with him.  

No comments: