In November I found tickets home for cheap. With nothing planned for over the three weeks off for the holidays, Wade and I decided going home was the best option. There is nothing like Christmas in the Northwest and spending time with family was needed.
The flights got us to Vancouver, BC where Ruth was able to pick us up. The kids and I left right with the start of break and Wade flew in the next week. The first thing on the agenda was getting a real Christmas three and play with snow. With Grandpa's help, the kids were able to find a good one that fit into the living room perfectly. Decorating the tree started off strong, but I was soon left alone to finish the job.
 |
| The car we bought from my brother. Its perfect for us! |
While in Washington we were lucky to experience some snow....and FREEZING cold. Thank goodness I had the basic delivered before we got here from Amazon. The kids loved the snow and spent a lot of time playing in it.
A couple days after we arrived, we headed to Kirkland to be with my family. It was consumed with cousins and family. We saw Santa, spent the night in downtown Seattle, and ATE!!!
 |
| Santa's reindeer.. |
 |
| Seattle Center with Mimi. |
After Seattle, Wade flew in to BC and we headed back North to wait for Santa. More snow and Santa granted lots of wishes.
 |
| The Konings by Amelia and Liam |
Christmas day we headed back to my parents for holiday celebrations and more family time. I was able to watch the Coug game with friends while Wade flew to San Diego to watch it with his friends. With Wade back for New Years, we celebrated 2017 with my family. We had a great meal and lots of laughing. Kids loved being with cousins and they were the ones who lasted to midnight while the adults called it a night around 10p.
 |
| Coug game with Anna and Becki (and Paul) |
 |
| "White" Girls |
 |
| Kyle gave these hats to us. Big success and Liam wore it almost daily. |
 |
| Sunrise from my parents house. |
After the celebrations we headed back to Bham to finish the trip I was determined to go to Mt Baker and the weather created the perfect opportunity. We had a perfect day on the mountain with clear conditions and good snow. The kids took morning lessons while Wade and I skied. We then all skied together after lunch. They both have ways to go, but I was impressed. Amelia was able to go on her own and Liam no fear.
 |
| Like the old days. I can sill beat him down. |
 |
| Perfect conditions! |
 |
| Amelia in lessons. |
 |
| Waiting for Liam. |
 |
| Lunch break. |
 |
| First chairlift ride. |
 |
| Hamballs. No trip is complete without these. |
 |
| Flying home. |
 |
| Playing with Christmas gifts once back in Singapore. |
No comments:
Post a Comment