Monday, June 1, 2009

Chelan

Over the weekend, we headed across the mountains to Wapito Point in Chelan. My family went to celebrate my dad's 60th birthday early. His actual birthday in on the 17th, but none of us kids will be around to help him blow-out his candles. So we surprised him by renting a house for the weekend. He thought he was going on a work retreat with my mom's office! To say the least, he was happy to be with us.

This was Amelia's first "vacation". She did good on the 4+ hour car ride and really enjoyed being with her cousins and family. I have to say we did over pack, but now we know what we need for our next trip. I was worried being so far from home and all the "stuff" we have there, but it all worked out great. Wade and I were talking on the way home about how vacations will be so much more fun with her.
The birthday dinner! Kyle made his famous Greek style shrimp. I totally over ate, but worth it. To break up the ride we stopped in Leavenworth. Here is Dad and Amelia at the bratwurst stand. Amelia's first time swimming. She loved being in the water! Wade kept wanting to dunk her but I put my foot down on that one. She could have stayed in the water for hours, but it was HOT out and the sun was beating down.


We had a picnic at the park. A little worn out, Amelia took a nap in the wagon.

Blowing out the birthday candles, Shelby and Macie help their Papa make a wish.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Chelan is one of the greatest places on Earth for a little family time. Amelia's cheeks just kill me - they are so freaking cute!

Bada said...

Hiya Karli-
That looks like a fun trip to Chelan. Knowing your dad like I do through his blog, I bet he was like: "what is up with this?" Fun to imagine his face. I hope someone snapped a photo for his blog!!! Did you know both of your blogs are my favorites?
I imagine that baby of yours liked swimming in the pool.
Stay Sweet,
Mitch