...It's off to work I go.
So far this week has been the hardest one since Amelia was born. After almost seven WONDERFUL months of maternity leave, I now must return to the classroom. My days of facebook, blog stalking/posting and my stay-at-home-mom routine are done. I am so thankful for the extended leave that I was able to go on (not sure if it made this transition harder for me) and I know going back to work is the best thing for our family. However, I will cherish the time I had at home and the future times I have with her even more.

On Monday, Amelia started at the YMCA full time in their infant room. Each drop-off and pick-up is me holding back tears. I guess I am lucky that my school is moving into a new building and I am very busy while at work and can hold my emotions. Lets keep your fingers crossed that this year is a smooth one.
What have I learned these past couple of days? So far I am finding there isn't enough time in the day for everything that needs to be done (I know understand why my mom has always been a night owl) and I feel like my head could start rolling at any minute. Advice from fellow working moms is much appreciated.
2 comments:
It gets easier! You find a routine that works for your family. Some weeks you do wonder how you keep it all together. Now you understand why I was behind on my blog some weeks. I have been thinking about you this week. Stay strong!
Oh Karli...how sad. I am thinking of you!! What a blessing that you did get so much time with Amelia and you will get through this. Anna is right...you will find something that works for you and your family..... :) I will defintely be coming to you for advice when the time comes for me in January! :)
Post a Comment