Sunday, January 10, 2010

11 Month Update

So, I forgot to post Amelia's 10 month stats, but here is her 11th. One more month until we hit the BIG 01. I know I say it over and over again....I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW FAST TIME FLIES. I feel like I was just pregnant and that she is still my little baby. But, as I was talking with my in-laws today, we have a little person on our hands who is full of personality and energy!

Gross Motor: We have walking. She isn't the most stable and looks like her dad did on a good night out in college, but every time she gets going she gets stronger, finding her balance better. It is her preferred way to get around now.

Fine Motor: She has mastered picking up small pieces of food (dog food included) and has been working on eating with a plate/bowl and spoon. Throwing these items has stopped and she gets about every 5 bites from using the spoon.

Food: Baby food is for babies! We are 100% table food. She eats and loves everything we give her. During the day we are making the transition to sippy cups and away from bottles. We have also started to give her cups of cow milk to see how here system can handle it. It smells much better then soy.

Developmental: We finally have some teeth. One for sure and another on the way. Not having teeth didn't stop her from eating, but it'll be nice once they all start coming in to tackle some proteins.

Communication: Amelia is a talkative little thing, even though it doesn't really make sense. One day I picked her up from daycare and they swore she said "thank you". Two of the teachers said they heard it not once, but twice. However, Wade and I have yet to hear it (we work on it every night). She is also starting to understand A LOT of words. We are amazed daily with what she knows. Today I asked her where her dolly was and she went looking for it! She also does a good Tracker impression as seen in the attached video.

2 comments:

Team Gibson said...

So sweet. I love the walking video! I can't believe she is walking now. It truly is amazing how fast time goes once you have children. I need to see that little one soon....perhaps a play date??

Lspry said...

Baby food is for babies! HA. Also, good to know there is guacamole in the fridge (part of your video) and that you keep your high chair in front of the tv. I know how my girl Amelia loves that TV!