
This weekend Amelia went from being a baby to being a toddler!! On Saturday she had her 1st birthday. Friday night we had a celebration with Grandma and Grandpa. She got to have her first cupcake and open gifts. It was a fun little party and she loved the new toys she got. Especially the scooter/wagon/rider she has been riding on ever since.

When her cupcake was brought out she wasn't quite sure what to do with it. Luckily I blew the candle out before she went for the grab. I had to give her the first couple of bites because she was more concerned about her messy hands then putting anything in her mouth. But....

she got over that FAST and was soon in laughter with each bite. I think she fell in love with chocolate. Truly her mother's daughter. The next morning we headed south for 4 great friends 30th "quad" birthday. Due to being in town, my sister let me use her home for a small party. Amelia had a great time and was dressed to kill in the outfit Wade bought her in Mexico.

Lisa and Amelia shared blowing out the candle. Amelia was due on Lisa's birthday but came 2 days early. That is okay because they got to celebrate together. Happy Birthday Lisa! We love you tons!

The party that night brought people into town. I was lucky enough to have some of them to Amelia's party. Lyndsy and Lindsey got to meet Amelia, Abe and Carson for the first time. Living in LA they had only seen them in pictures and watched them grow through blogs.

Amelia's Godsister Lyla also came to the party and helped show her the ropes of being one. I just love that they will be growing up together.

Being one can wear you out. Especially when you have two parties!! By that afternoon, Little Miss crashed and took a long nap!
I am extremely blessed with the family that I have. Not only has this been a year where Amelia has grown into a little person, but it has also been a year that has changed me and my life in ways I cannot describe in words. Wade and I love this little girl more then can be expressed. She is a great contribution to the family and it feels like she has always been with us. I could never imagine not having her. I love you Amelia Ann!
1 comment:
Ahh...happy birthday Amelia!! I am so sad we missed it. We will have to make it up with a mini Jungle Playland party. Tell Wade he picked the perfect 1st birthday outfit :)
Post a Comment