Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Whidbey 4th

I have been going to Whidbey Island in the summer for 30 years. This year was a little bitter, sweet because the cabin is for sale (may be the last stay), but it was my first time there on the 4th. And man....what a party it was. I have never seen so many people on that beach before. There was water sports of all kinds, swimming (Amelia even took a dip), bonfires, and fireworks. This year was also special because I got to share it with Wade and Amelia. We all had a great time eating (so much crab we could burst) and having good times with friends. Thank you Megan, Brett, Lyla and Stella for sharing your weekend with us!!

Yes, the weather over the 4th was even bad on Whidbey.
But, on Saturday afternoon we got a sun break and we jumped to the beach to catch some rays and Vitamin D.

To stay warm on the beach we made a small fire.
This was also good to serve as the heat source for our fireworks.
Oh god-sisters.....These two played and played.
They were both warn out by the end of each day.
I love seeing them interact and already start to be great friends. Even when it is time to get clean.
Who needs bath toys to keep you entertained?

Introducing 3 week old Stella Raye. What a cuddle bug!!

1 comment:

Marit said...

Too stinkin' cute! I love Amelia's jacket...and I love that you guys celebrate the 4th on Whidbey...its defintely where I'd be celebrating if I were there!
Happy summer! Enjoy your days with A!
ps new blog for us...just click my name to get to the new page!