These past 18 months Amelia has turned into quite the "girly" girl. She enjoys playing with her dolls, putting on jewelry, wearing her makeup (ChapStick), and keeping her teeth clean.
But...her biggest obsession is "neigh neighs" (horses). She LOVES them and can't seem to get enough. When we go anywhere in the car the horse lookout starts. She can spot them a mile away!! While at home she constantly wants to look at YouTube videos of horses (did you know there are 100s of videos with pictures of horses to music?). Anytime we say Grandpa/Grandma she gets very excited and yells "neigh neigh" and is ready to go. Once at their place it is straight to the horses to say hello and give them a treat. When I was out of town, Wade bought her a plastic horse that now goes anywhere she does. Wade and I joke that we have a buckle bunny on our hands.
As for her development, she is 75% for weight, height and head (26lbs, 33inches). She is starting to talk up a storm (even though we still can't figure out what she is saying most of the time. However, when she is angry/upset she is the most clear) and connecting words. Just like her mom, she eats and likes ALL food. She is also VERY active and has the bruises/scratches to prove it.
I think 18 months is a sweet spot. This summer has been so much fun experiencing it with her. She understands so much, only cries when hurt (that even doesn't last very long because it is frequent), and is my little buddy.




3 comments:
Excited to see her next week. I LOVE the mobile upload of the week. She looks like such a big girl. Did you cut her hair??
Funny & cute! I love that you guys watch horsie You Tube videos.
LOL...I am dying about the buckle bunny! I just love that she adore's horsies this much! So Cute, such a big girl! And nice fun fact about the You-Tube video's...who knew!
Post a Comment