Monday, October 4, 2010

Leavenworth Oktoberfest Marathon Relay

After last year, I decided I had to go back for this event.  However, there was no way I was going to redo 26.2 miles, so Ms. Rask put a relay team together that she let me join.  6 of us split the miles, ended with smiles, and headed to the festivities that night.  I have already decided to make this an annual tradition.

Team Rask
 Like last year, we camped.  But this year we did it in style at the KOA.  We also brought Amelia for her first outdoor sleeping experience.  The KOA was awesome and I highly recommend it to anyone.  Now any trip on Highway 2 will involve a stay there.  Amelia also did great despite the late, loud nights.   She has discovered polka music and was a dancing queen.


No Oktoberfest is good without the Chicken Dance
Amelia after the big race: ready to go with her shirt and medal.

No comments: