Thursday, May 19, 2011

4 Weeks

Its been a month since we became a family of four. Oh, what a month it has been.  I knew the transition from 1 to 2 kids would be different, but I am not sure how really prepared I was.  It has been hard, but wonderful at the same time.

In one month Liam has changed immensely.  From sleeping ALL day to now being more alert and starting to coo and ahh with smiles.  I may be biased, but I also think we have one strong kid on our hands.  He has great muscle control.

 "I need to get my baby some milk" - Amelia.
Amelia loves her baby brother (Liam the boy), but is working on finding her new role in our family.  She wants to help and be a big girl, but also at times wants to be a baby too.  One minute she is doing big girl things, like wearing underwear. The next she is insisting on having bottles and diapers.  We have put her into a preschool for two mornings a week.  This is a win-win situation for both of us.  I get time to get things done and be with Liam, and she is socializing and learning Spanish (it is a bi-lingual school). 

Smiles
This month I have gotten out ALL my parenting books and ordered some more.  Amelia is working on being self-taught.

Over all, we have a cool dude on our hands.  We just need to work on this sleeping at night thing.  We are one tired family.

Of course the month wouldn't be complete without a touch of the flu.  Fevers and vomit.  What a perfect combo for loads of laundry and less sleep.

1 comment:

Big Sare said...

Wow, Liam is growing up so fast! I love that first picture of him on his tummy. It was wierd not seeing you guys all week!