Friday, June 22, 2012

The End. The Beginning....

Today was my last day of school. It was also the end of a five year chapter, Shuksan Middle School. I said my good byes, I held back tears as best as I could and I packed up my classroom so a new teacher can take my place. My plan is to return back to Bellingham to teach again. When that will be is the ultimate question.

 I don't post a lot about my class, but the one word that describes them the most is AWESOME. Anyone who knows me, knows what my students mean to me.  I like to keep that in a special place. The five years has had ups and downs, tears with frustration, but this has been overpowered with more smiles, laughter and I love yous. My students have made me a better person and put me on a path I never thought I would be on.

I have been teaching nine years in general and special education. This year was by far my best. I am proud of the accomplishments of my program and the students it served.

I am ending this chapter on top.
I brought Amelia with school today to aid as a distraction (keep me from crying).  She was a great assistant and loved being with her "friends".

What a great treat it was to see Alia.  She is the daughter of a fellow teacher who also came for the day.  They got to spend the morning together and participate in our classroom clean-up and party.

1 comment:

Team Gibson said...

This post kinda brings tears to my eyes......