This is what I have going for me...
- Each of us have our own seat. You could hear my sigh of relief when I saw they booked Liam his own seat. The plane ride would have been my nightmare having a toddler (big) boy sharing a seat with me.
- Our seats are 3 by the window and one across the walk in the aisle. This was Wade's sign of relief. We can take turns with the "escape" seat.
- We have an iPad and iTouch that I am already starting to fill with movies, shows and games. The seats also come with an AC plug when the juice gets low.
- The kids have kid meals; spaghetti, hot dog, hamburger and pizza. They are going to get their fair share of Asian food once we arrive in Bangkok, so at least the transition can wait until we get to land.
This is what we don't have going for us...
- 16 HOURS!!
- We have people seated in front of us and behind us. I tried to reserve bulkhead seats, but the plane was ALL booked and I was off my reservation by 2 days.
- The plane is FULL.
![]() |
| This is what are plane should look like. We three by a window with one across next to the walk. In the middle. |
Here is what I can wrap my head around for a plan as of now. This is where I also need help!
- I plan to make 16 goodie bags to give one to the kids per hour we are in the air. I am thinking small toys, games, colors, gum and crackers. I don't want candy because a sugar high kid on a plane would not be fun.
- I am going to take the iPad/iTouch away for the couple weeks before we leave. Make it new again. I also hoping to get a couple unseen movies and shows put onto them.
- We will be taking Liam's car seat and strapping him in.
- I am thinking of having the kids wear sweats or PJs. I am also going to have one carry on as an overnight bag with necessities (diapers, wipes, change of clothes for us all, toothbrush, ...)
- I am thinking about something to give them to help them "relax". A friend of mine mentioned Melatonin. More research is needed before I can this decision.
![]() |
| - We are going to take our jogger, but I also saw online how to attach your car seat to your carry on. We did a trial run and it worked. |
You now know my conditions and my plan. HELP? Someone, ANYONE!! I need advice, I need suggestions, I need your prayers.


3 comments:
Seriously... call your PCP ask about Melatonin. Try before then use for a 1 time sleep over the course of the 16 hour plane ride. Obviously speaking for Mimi not Liam. What about those magnet dress up dolls? play dough? Stamps? String fruit loop necklaces? paint toes and nails? 16 hours........shoot thats a LONG time!
Anna, I learned the hard way, people DO NOT appreciate it when you paint nails on a flight. Karli Sue, Nyquil for the kids and an Ambien and a glass of wine for you :)
Just make sure you try anything, as far as meds., before hand with the kids. You never know how they could react and you don't want to be on the plane when it happens. You're lucky to have an escape seat, and that the space you'll share with the kids won't be shared with anyone else. Maybe a personal blanket 'tent' in their seat for the kids could be fun or help with anxiety.- Gail
Post a Comment