Last night was my last night in Bellingham. It was my last night in this house. Wade asked me on the way home from dinner with friends if I was sad. I had to think about it for a second; I am sad, but I am not upset. I told him, "Not really because it is no longer our home". It is now just a house. A very empty house.
 |
| We know how to go out in style, The Beaver Inn. This past week has been spent with Bellingham family and friends. As I like to say....it is "See you later!" |
The past six years has been packed, donated, sold or thrown away. What we are taking with us on this adventure has been perfectly planned and packed into eight checked bags (50lbs) and four carry-ons (25lbs) that have been weighed, sorted and weighed again.
 |
| I found that big red suitcase and Goodwill for $15. Best deal ever. It holds 75% of my clothes. Could have done more, but it weighed too much. |
This whole aspect of our adventure has been a stressful one (very stressful at times), but also liberating. You wouldn't believe the amount of stuff one family can accumulate in living in one place for six years. It has now all been place into a 10 x 15 storage unit that Wade has "tetrised" to fit all we are keeping for our return (if it were up to Wade we would get rid of it all).
 |
| The best feature of this house...the fireplace. I really am going to miss fires on cold winter nights. |
I still have no regrets!
1 comment:
A bit teary eyed......
Post a Comment