Saturday, October 6, 2012

McDelivery

Last night Wade and I went out to celebrate a friend's birthday downtown. The night started out pretty chill, but soon turned into an adventure, as everything here seems to do. I am not going to go into detail about the night. But the lyrics from "One Night in Bangkok" started to make a little more sense to me.



Nights out in Bangkok don't really go hand in hand with having children. They live on alternate schedules. This results in sleep deprived, a little off parents. The morning was tough and Excedrin and coconut water became my best friend. The feelings also triggered old college habits of craving grease bombs to soothe the gut.

Again, Bangkok delivered...literally. You can get almost anything here delivered to your door. Including McDonald's.

One call to 1711 and a half-hour later, I started to come back to life thanks to two cheeseburgers and a coffee float. The best part, I never had to leave the house or change my clothes:).

Pick your poison. This list is just the beginning. If you want to know the cost, divide the number by 30 (30 BHT to 1 USD). There is also a 30 BHT delivery charge for most places.
Fried chicken from KFC.
A whooper from Burger King?
McDonald's.  The nuggets look a little different but the burgers taste like home.  I stay away from the ketchup.  I have my Heinz in the fridge.
Or maybe you have a Japanese craving.  Bento box anyone?

No comments: