I am contracted to teach the same amount of days, 180 per school year, that I am in the States. However, for some reason I feel like I have more time off. Maybe it is because we now use our three day weekends, or days off, traveling instead of sitting at home that I feel it is more. Last week was one of those time. It was the end of the quarter, so we got a week off for October Break.
We had always planned on doing something that week, but Wade and I were in debate about what. He wanted North, I wanted the beach. So...the destination and booking of the trip was VERY last minute and helped us make the decision. We headed to Railay Beach, off Krabi. It is south of Bangkok and well worth the trip to get there.
Wanting an adventure (and we are cheap) we decided to take the train there and fly home. Due to us booking so last minute, the only seats left on the train were 2nd class. We decided to go for it. 12 hours on the train, I decided I would prefer 1st, but 2nd wasn't that bad. The hotel we stayed at was also a Groupon deal (yes, Groupon is in Thailand). It included 3 nights, breakfast, a dinner and a four hour long boat tour. It was great. The hotel was not on the beach, but between 3 and we also had access to its 5 star sister's amenities which included a pool on the beach. All four of us then flew home for around $200. You can get cheap tickets here.
I highly recommend Railay and plan to definitely go back. It is an amazing place and quiet. It has a lot of places to stay, but there are no cars and not the craziness of a city. It was full of hippy backpackers, families and rock-climbers (number three place to climb in the world).
 |
| The train station |
 |
| Amelia was so excited to take the train. Our seats turned into bunk-beds and she LOVED it. |
 |
| Sunset the first night. Amelia took a swim....in her underwear. |
 |
| Railay West Beach |
 |
| Sunset again |
 |
| More train |
 |
| Long boat rides. |
 |
| We rented kayaks one day. We stopped at a beach for a snack. |
 |
| Liam enjoying his spring roll. |
 |
| Just chillin' |
 |
| The area is covered with these rocks/islands. We kayaked arounf them. There were little beached and cool caves. |
 |
| Hiking through a cave to a sandy beach. |
 |
| The rock formations climbers love. |
 |
| Yes, those are what you think they are. The cave of fertility. |
 |
| Amelia took this one. Too cute. |
 |
| Best shot of a family photo. |
 |
| Stupid a$$ monkey got into my diaper bag and stole Liam's diaper creme. They are not nice. |
 |
| Snorkeling. The fish were AWESOME. |
1 comment:
Looks like a fabulous trip. Love the sunset pics. Did you cut Mimi's hair?
Post a Comment