Thursday, July 25, 2013

Hello there.

I had full intention of keeping up with the blog this summer.  But, once we hit US soil, we have not stopped moving.  We have become I-5 gypsies, living out of suitcases.  However, both North and South we have our own space and the kids have rooms to claim as their own.  This has been great considering that other people we know (teachers) are on the constant move around the States and sleeping on couches. 

Being back has been like a dream.  We have loved being with family, friends and the easiness of it all.  It has been refreshing with how simple it was to fall right back into "our" old lives.   It has also made me realized how much stuff there is here and enjoy. I have missed that and will claim that the Northwest is the most beautiful place in the world on a sunny day. 

Shopping: The first time I walked into Target when I got back I left with nothing because I was overwhelmed.  Now, I have spent a small fortune and I am afraid I won't have enough room in my suitcases to bring it all back to BKK. I just keep thinking I need to find stuff to last for another 10 months!!!  I think I have over done it :). 

Food: I came to eat, and man did I.  I seriously have put on some lbs and hope the Thailand heat and food will shed it fast once I am back.  Wade and I came for beef and we totally fulfilled that desire.  I go to bed most nights with an upset stomach because of the richness and quantities of the food here.  I totally understand why we are the world's "largest" nation.

As I look on FB to see friends from BKK arriving back, I am looking forward to our next year there.  I know it will fly by fast and I already have big adventures planned.  Doing what we are doing is like going away to college.  I need to enjoy it while I can and take advantage of what is has to offer for us/me and how it is changing us/me for the better.

Let the last two months be told in pictures.  We leave the States soon and I will post more once we are back in BKK.











No comments: