Sunday, January 26, 2014

Year of the horse.

Chinese New Year starts on Friday.  That may not mean much to those living in the States, but if you live in Asia, especially China, it is a big deal.  We get off school for the day to celebrate.  The Chinese take 15-30 days off.  This is when most people travel to be with family.

Friday starts the year of the horse.

Born in 1978? 1990? 2002? This is your year!
It has become a holiday I have learned to really like.  The red, the lanterns, and the Chinese dress.  I am hoping it is something I can bring back with me and make it an annual tradition for us.

Below are pictures from Ruamrudee's celebration.  Amelia didn't wear red for the celebration, but she picked out her prettiest dress.


You would think by looking at this picture it is FREEZING here.  It has been record lows, but temperatures are like a perfect northwest summer day.  I have been loving it. 
This past week was also teacher appreciation.  To show respect, each class has a ceremony for their teachers.  Here is Pre-K:
The wai.
Bowing to submission.
Presentation of flowers


No comments: