Sunday, February 2, 2014

Hua Hin

While people back home took the weekend to prepare for the Hawks game, we took the weekend to get some sun on the beach.  It is Superbowl Monday for us (and I have to work), and Friday was off due to Chinese New Year.  It was the perfect time for a weekend getaway to the Royal Beach Resort, Hua Hin.  We rented a van and packed it full of friends, kids and beach wear and drove it three hours south where we met more friends.  It was also perfect timing to leave Bangkok due to elections and protesting.


We spent our days by the pool and at Hua Hin Beach.   When we first checked into our hotel they gave us a tourist guide.  Amelia opened it up and saw they had horses on the beach.  That became her number one mission.  The rest of the time we worked on our tans.  

Don't worry...Liam did have and wore his Seahawk gear.
Hua Hin Beach
Liam on "Jewel".  I asked him the name of his horse and he said it was like Grandpa's Jewel. 
Amelia said her horse had no name.  She got to ride with no one holding and thought that was pretty awesome. 
Sun in the eyes.
Now that I look at this picture it is pretty gross.  One night we met friends for dinner and had one of the best meals I have had in Thailand.  The beef is imported from New Zealand. 

No comments: