I started the below post in June. I just never got around to posting it. So here is our big news and next adveture....a little late.
We have moved to Singapore!!
.................,......................................................
The last week of school is crazy. You are finishing assessments, wrapping up reports, and cleaning. Add moving and saying goodbye to the friends you have made makes it a little mind numbing. I have hardly had a chance to stop and reflect about our time here and the next path we have chosen. This blog puts it way better then I could have...here.
Wade and I had to make a decision in November about whether we are going to stay another year in Thailand or move on. We evaluated ALL options and decided that staying was probably not the best choice for us. Now this left us two more options we needed to decide between....move back to the US or go somewhere else.
We decided to put our resumes out there and see what starts to evolve the best. This went on for MONTHS. It caused many sleepless nights and discussions of the pros and cons of both choices. Our ultimate goal is to be back in Bellingham, but on the other hand we like this lifestyle and the opportunities being overseas has allowed for. There was times I was 100% sure we were going home. There were times I was 100% sure we were staying overseas. Our poor family probably wanted to kill us over the seesaw we were putting them on.
Since we have made our decision, I feel a calm knowing what our next step looks like...Singapore (the most expensive city in the world). I am sad knowing we are going to miss another two years of growing with family and friends, but I am excited about the school my kids will be going to, the business connections for Wade, and the doors it'll open for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment