Monday, August 4, 2014

Our new home away from home.

We are now into our third week of living in Singapore and I would say 100% settled into our new home.   I am still working on finding all the comfort foods we love (or at least the ingredients), but we have all the household items we need plus more.

In June, Wade was in Singapore and took a day to look at places.    My criteria was it to be near other young families and close to school. That day he saw about 10, but one stood out.  So trusting his judgement and advise from the realitor, we signed for it then.  Thank goodness we did, because when I arrived pickings for good places were slim.  Wade did good....really good.   I have never lived in a condo/apartment before, but the place has a homey feel and is very comfortable.    The big TV and surround sound left for us also helps. 

We are not near other families from our "pledge class", but as more families have trickled in this past week and weekend I am already seeing a community transpire. 

I was also able to find for cheap the bunk beds I had promised the kids!!!!

No comments: