You would think that not living in the States that there would be little options for Halloween. This was not the case for Singapore. I guess with over 25% of your population being expats, there would be a tendency for traditions to wear off. This is VERY true for the area in Singapore that we live in, the Woodlands.
Once we moved here, we started hearing about how big Halloween can get in our area. Same compared it to Mardi gras. I was intrigued...topless women and beads?
 |
| Trick-or-treating #1. |
Halloween started early in the week for us with a private trick-or-treating event for local neighborhood kids. This was an invite only event with a list of house giving out the good stuff. I could have passed it off as the real thing. That week the school also had a variety of events. This included classroom parties and a man made "pumpkin" patch. By the time the actual holiday came, we were already tired.
Halloween night we waited for Wade to get home. He took a taxi, but got stuck in traffic due to closed streets. By the time we made it outside our complex, I could see the masses of people. On the main street we only made it to a couple house. This was because of the lines just so get candy and maneuvering around people. We finally found calm at a friends house where we decided to stay and avoid the masses.
By the end of the week I was tired. So were the kids. I was definitely Halloween'd out.
.
 |
| With our friends Ella and Gideon. |
 |
| Calm...my style. |
 |
| Getting the good stuff, chocolate! |
 |
| Liam's class party. |
 |
| Martha Stuart type food. |
 |
| Pirate Liam! |
 |
| Flower Fairy Amelia |
 |
| Amelia's class party. |
 |
| This picture doesn't give the masses justice. Honestly...1000s of people Buses come people in from ALL around Singapore and from Malaysia. |
 |
| Poor kid was worn out. |
No comments:
Post a Comment