Once upon a time I use to be an avid runner. With age and moving to an endless summer (humid heat), I don't seem to have the motivation to go run for hours. However, having a goal is always a good thing for me and helps me be accountable. So in March I have agreed to run another 1/2 with a friend. So...I am back on the wagon...hopefully I can maintain.
The timing to all this went along perfectly for a turkey trout that was sponsored by SAS and the American Association in Singapore. I was going to run it alone, but then the school decided to cover all registration fees. I then decided the kids and I were going to do our first family 2k run.
![]() |
| One is pumped and one a little worried. |
At first Amelia and Liam were very excited. A lot a questions about the distance, but overall a feeling of confidence. Amelia's nerves started to build-up and she decided she could not run that far once we got into the taxi to the race Her worry continued upon our arrival. Liam on the other hand was PUMPed!
The race was in the coolest neighborhood of old military black and white houses. About 1/4 of a way Amelia took off. Liam kept a good, steady pace, running the whole time and we met her at the finish line a couple minutes behind.
They are already asking when the next race is. Liam wore his race shirt ALL weekend. I think they may have the running bug.
![]() |
| And we're off. |
![]() |
| Just before she took off. |
![]() |
| Finishing strong! Amelia had already finished. |
![]() |
| 2k Finishers. |





No comments:
Post a Comment