Monday, December 1, 2014

Thanksgiving Weekend

There was a lot to be thankful for this past weekend: health, love, friends, family, jobs, but most of all a REAL turkey and all the fixings.   Again Singapore proved to be "Asia light" with a lot of possibilities and options for Thanksgiving dinner.  Not so true with Thailand where a turkey was tough to come by and if you did it cost you $$$$$.  

Our weekend included Thanksgiving dinner with friends, a trip to Ikea,  date lunch with Wade, and a sad Apple Cup.  

So Thankful!

Kids at the dinner table.  
My turkey.  I ordered a raw one and a pre-cooked one arrived.  Good thing because I had never cooked a turkey before.  Warmed it up and it was just like homemade.  The leftovers where awesome as well. 
The Konings and the Smiths.  The Smiths are a family that came in with us to Singapore from Chicago.  Families first international experience. 
Long weekend fun.  
Pre-game.  Notice the smile.  The best part of the game was place full of Cougs.  One guy I had met at the store earlier that morning.  He is now in SG with the Navy.  

No comments: