Saturday, February 7, 2015

Amelia is 6!

Where has the time gone?   January came and went with a blink of an eye and now we are heading fast into February.   Friday I was reminded again to take the time and cherish the moments I have with Amelia turning six.   How has it been six years since I took on the most important, scariest, best job ever...a mom?!?  I honestly get a little choked up just thinking about it.
Our helper Cecile made Amelia this cake for breakfast.  Cake for breakfast...why not?
Amelia has blossomed into a smart, caring little girl with great "leadership" skills (otherwise known as a little bossy).  She was born knowing what she wants and has the determination to get it.  This may cause some times of tension, but Wade and I look at her and know we will no have to worry about this one...she is a fighter and will do great things.  I have said more than once that I feel I am raising my sister (another oldest who is a girl).  


Amelia loves school, her family, tormenting her little brother, and her current things are American Girl dolls and gymnastics.   She can be shy at times and loud at others.  One of her big goals is to read "big" books.  She loves books, art, and crafts.   She wants her own iPad, but that is not going to happen.

It was decided months before her big day that the party theme would be gymnastics.  I kept it easy on myself and took her and 6 friends (because she turned 6) to SAS open gym.  There they ran around and played hard with only stopping to eat pizza, pound some Gatorade and swallow a cupcake whole.   Wade and I just sat and watched (ok, Wade played too).  No clean-up or real planning.  I have decided I am now onto something for birthdays.

Happy Birthday Amelia Ann!
There was only three additional kids at the gym beyond our party.  It was pretty much just us!
Cake time!  We sat outside the gym, just above a pool.  The gymnastics gyms is located on school grounds.  She has lessons there every Monday after school.
We may have to get Liam into some lessons.  
The gym. 

No comments: