When the temps are in the high 80s and you are surrounded by palm trees, getting into the Christmas spirit can be a challenge. Some friends, along with us, were determine to help it find its way to Singapore.
When I was home in November, I may have gone overboard (oops, I did it again) in buying Christmas supplies. However, I was on a mission to bring Christmas back in my suitcase. I paid for it, but it worked. I also didn't need to do any shopping for the month leading to the holiday and beat the crowds. That's a definite win to me!
![]() |
| Tall Santa |
One of our Christmas missions was to find Santa. I feel bad that my kids won't have the progression of photos sitting on Santa's lap, but hey, he is an old guy with a beard that normally doing that would cause red flags to signal. Nevertheless, it would be nice to see him and whisper to him our Christmas wishes. A friend and I scoped out the Santas in the area and found one at Marina Bay Sands (high class Santa). He was a tall fellow, but did the job.
After the Santa spotting we headed to Gardens by the Bay for more holiday cheer with the rest of Singapore...literally, thousands of people. Note to self for next year.
![]() |
| Cecile and the kids. |
![]() |
| Rides at the Bay. |
![]() |
| The $8 Helter Skelter (its a British thing) |
My mom and I also found holiday outfits for the kids while shopping in Nov. Being cheap, I went with untraditional colors so they can be worn year round. Amelia wore her's all week!
![]() |
| Christmas outfits. |
Towards the end of the week, the kids sang Christmas songs in Chinese and we found a peace loving Santa (only on Asia) at Universal Studios. We are missing old traditions, but happy to create new ones.
![]() |
| Peace Santa |
![]() |
| The kids after Universal Studios. |
![]() |
| Right before church. |
Lastly, the night before Christmas, I witnessed a Christmas miracle...Wade went to church! I must have sweet talked to him through the hamballs I made for dinner that night.
It was a great holiday and everyone got what they wished for and more. It always sucks not being home for the holidays and away from family, but with my packed Christmas suitcase, it made it a little easier.










No comments:
Post a Comment