Five days after landing back in Singapore from Seattle, Wade and I took off to Siem Reap (yeah, mom of the year). We had booked this trip with Bangkok friends a while ago and it was not refundable. The goal was the Siem Reap 1/2 marathon.
With the travel before and Singapore haze months before, my training was not the ideal. I was going to finish the 13.2 miles, but it was not going to be pretty or for time. Wade was running the 10k.
Siem Reap is one of the Wonders of the World. It truly is an amazing place and I am so happy that Wade and I were able to see some of the temples and see how wonderful it is. As we walked through, all I could think about what it was like in its glory day. It must have been beautiful.
The time not running was spent eating great food, cheap massages and shopping. Cambodia reminded me a lot Thailand. There was street food and similarities in what was being sold in the markets. There was also an area with a good nightlife, but not as crazy as Bangkok.
 |
| I miss tuk tuks. |
 |
| The race course. |
Day before race we went and looked at the main temples.
The race:
 |
| Early morning start to beat the heat. |
 |
| Cambodian cheerleaders. |
 |
| My running partner Darcy. |
 |
| Quick stop for a picture while on the run. |
 |
| Wade and I finished. Not my best time, but I did finish. 2:19. |
 |
| Caroline once again beat us all. |
Banyan tree temples: These temples were left untouched for years. Banyan trees grew in and around them. Loved this place.
No comments:
Post a Comment