This past Spring Break, I didn't have it in me to make big plans. We decided to stay in Singapore and spend the week at home. The first night of break, I decided I needed to do something. So I got onto the hotel sites to see what might be reasonable for a night on Sentosa in Singapore.
A little background about Sentosa...It is a small island on the tip of Singapore made from reclaimed land. It was developed for tourist (and the really rich) and boy is it designed for that. There are the major hotels, a ton of attractions (including Universal Studios), good shopping, MANY places to eat, and some beaches. We have been a handful of times and the kids love it. It literally is a resort area in Singapore.
![]() |
| This girl LOVES her ribs. |
When looking for places I told myself that I would only pull the credit card trigger if it was a great deal. Well, it was. I got a room for one night at The Hard Rock Hotel for a quarter of the costs. Helped that it was low season and I waited so long that they probably just wanted to fill rooms. I had heard of others who had stayed here and know from their recommendations, it was a golden deal.
We headed there early Wednesday morning. Wade was able to skip work and also joined. We spent the first half of the day at Adventure Cove, a water park. It was empty and we got to ride most of the slides and go to all the attractions. My favorite, the lazy river. Hunger sank in, so we then left for lunch and finished the afternoon at the Hard Rock's awesome pool. That night, Chili's for dinner.
Wade and I both left and said it was the perfect Spring Break. We didn't have the stress of travel, but still felt we got away. We had good family time and learned more about the area we live in.
![]() |





No comments:
Post a Comment