Last weekend I had lunch with my expecting friend Tiff. While there she asked me what was the best thing about having a baby and what is the hardest. Well, this got me thinking about things I could tell someone who is pregnant. In David Letterman style, I started to categorize things I wanted to pass on in a Top Ten List. These are things I can't live without, but also things that I find fun. Most were recommended to me by other mothers.
10) Mustela Post Partum Body Restructuring Gel: Don't ask me if it really works, but I like to think it does. Megan gave me this product because she had a C-section and couldn't use it. I think this with the power of the Secret it will give me an even better body then I had before I got pregnant.
9) Swaddlers: Swaddling a baby makes them feel like they are still in the womb. If that is the case it sure does work for Amelia. Every night we swaddle her and it relaxes her for a good sleep. They also keep her warm and you don't have to put on blankets that could cause suffication.
8) Easy Entree: This is a company in Bellingham where you can pre-make meals and freeze them until your ready to use them. A lot like the chain Dream Dinners (I try to buy local). A couple weeks before my due date, Sarah and I went and spent a night putting meals together that I could use later. It has been great grabbing a meal from the freezer and having it ready to cook by dinner time. I don't have to think about cooking when times get a little hectic. I HIGHLY suggest doing this!!
7) On Demand: Okay, so I do watch a lot of TV, but what I want to highlight about On Demand is that they have Exercise TV where you can get different workout shows (from Yoga to Dance Aerobics). While Amelia is sleeping I will try to watch a show or two. I started out with Yoga, but I am slowing moving to more high impact exercises.
6) Gripe Water: A couple different mothers recommended this before I gave birth. It is a "water" made from fennel and ginger. What is so great about it is how fast it can get rid of the hick-ups (and ease Colic). Just a spoonful and they are gone. It is made for babies, but you might be able to try it for yourself. Let me know how it works.
5) B.O.B.: This stroller literally is a BEAST. A couple friends had it, so with a little research and product testing we were sold. We had to have one. It is a great stroller that can go anywhere. Being an active family we needed that. We have already used it a ton with walks around Lake Padden and it will help me train to do the 9 mile running leg of Ski to Sea in May. We have the orange one :).
4) Burt's Bees: These are great products for babies and adults. I used them before and during pregnancy. The baby line is just as good as the adults. They can be a little more spendy, but worth the extra cash. My sister also highly recommends them too! I daily use their lotion on Amelia and the diaper rash cream can do wonders. It smells so good.
3) Little Giraffe Chenille Items: This is a line that is sold at Nordstroms. A couple friends gave me some of their products and I have loved how soft they are. Amelia loves her little lovey and will snuggle right up to it. She also enjoys being wrapped in the towel after a bath. Makes for a good night routine.
2) Itzbeen: My friend Megan swore by this product and let me use it with Amelia. I now swear by it. It is a timer that helps me know when the last time I feed, changed, baby napped,... It has been a great resource to help me stay somewhat on track. Having "baby brain" you need all the help you can get.
1) Living in Bellingham!: Being an active family, living in Bellingham has all the resources we need to stay happy and healthy. As a new mom, I highly recommend trying to get out of the house at least once a day. Daily, Amelia and I utilize the parks, trails and Bellingham attractions. If you have never visited Bellingham or it has been a while, you need to make a trip soon!!
No comments:
Post a Comment