Sunday, March 8, 2009

One Month

It is almost impossible to think about how fast time has flown by and Amelia is now one month old. I guess the saying is true that time flies when you are having fun. This past month it has been amazing watching each new development Amelia has. She is now starting to focus more on objects and faces, as well as becoming more aware of the surroundings around her. She seems to be putting weight on like crazy and growing at a rapid rate (Just don't ask me her weight because it is something I keep meaning to do. My dad thinks 1o lbs.). I am excited to watch her grow, but also trying to cherish the small moments now.

This past week Amelia and I moved back to Kirkland while Wade was in Dubai (picture is of Wade is front of the world's only 7 star hotel). I don't know if my parents knew what they were in for when we showed up at their door, bags in hand. It was so great to spend the quality time with them and family, as well have the opportunity for Amelia to meet friends who couldn't make the trip north. We had a lot of fun cruising around my old stomping grounds and relaxing at home.

While at home Amelia was part of her first photo shoot. A friend from WSU, Erin, is a VERY talented photographer (along with her new husband Steve). One day while looking at her blog I saw some of her pictures and HAD to have her take some for us. On Saturday she came to my parents for the photo session. I am so excited with what I saw and it is going to be very hard to decide which ones to frame. I may have a whole wall covered!!! Amelia was a natural model and Erin was able to get some great pictures of her awake and asleep. I am looking forward to having her capture more moments as time goes by.




3 comments:

The Price Family said...

Wow those pictures are so sweet... What an adorable little girl you have!! We still need to stop by adn see her, we have a little something for Miss Amelia too, hope all is well, and we will give you call to see when we can come by and visit.

Laura Sleasman said...

What a SWEETIE! I love the pictures. Congratulations Mommie!

Lindsay said...

So darling!!