After Amelia was born I have had to face my fear. My plan was to have alternative vaccinations, with only a couple shots at a time. However, today at her two month appointment I decided that I am going to follow the advice of my mother, my doctor, and the American Pediatrics. She got her shots, all of them. It was a very heart breaking experience for me. They had me hold her down while she got three shots in her leg. With the first the screaming started and tears came to my eyes. I have never seen her so upset. After they were all done she cried (balled) for 15 more minutes until she fell asleep. For the rest of my day I plan to watch her to make sure she is feeling good.
On a happier note, Amelia is a thriving baby. She is in the 95% for weight (13lbs) and 90% for height (23.5 in). She is meeting the 2 month developmental skills and was perfect for the doctor and nurse until the shots came. The doctor also said that I didn't have to wake her up for her late night feeding anymore and to let her sleep as long as she can at night. This is great news for me because I don't have to keep myself up to feed her and can now go to bed at an earlier time. Makes for a happier mama!!
Chillin' like a Villian. I got Amelia these sunglasses the weekend the sun came out. Hopefully she'll be able to wear them again. She'll be just like her dad and wear them ALL the time. Lets just hope she gets my eyesight. Wade's is NOT good!
Amelia likes tummy time. This has helped in her developing great head control.
4 comments:
I just LOVE her cheeks! I am glad everything is going well! She sure is a cutie :)
She is so sweet! I love those cheeks. I hate going to the Dr.'s with Lilah. I make Mike come so I can leave the room. At least they won't remember it :)
I have the same dilemma and it's so hard to decide what to do. I had read a lot about it before and then since Jake was so tiny we decided to do two rounds of shots for at his two month appt, (half at two months and then the other half at three months) the only problem is with falling behind schedule. He got a cold around three months so we waited until he was better but we had to get him in because I wanted him to have a month before his four month. After that we decided to give him the all the regular shots at his four month and I'm still not sure what I'm going to do for his six month. Here is an interesting article I found... http://mihow.com/tags/vaccinations/
she is too adorable for words, karli... i love reading your baby amelia stories!
Post a Comment