Sunday, October 25, 2009

Run Becca, Run!

I have been trying to get my family to run races with me for years. So, when my sister said she wanted to run a half marathon, I was VERY excited. I am very proud that even though she may want to quit at times she has kept it up. Today she ran her first 10k in preparation for the Seattle Half in November. I was also registered to run it with her, but throwing up the whole night before changed those plans fast. I instead became moral support. She, Carrie and Wade did AWESOME. I think running may run in our genes. Carrie, RJ and Wade before the race started.

Running through the streets of Kirkland. The cheer squad is in the Starbucks staying warm.

Part of the cheer squad. Hats made by grandma's knitting group: cupcakes and a lady bug.

Wade didn't even notice us cheering him into the finish line. I wonder why?

Now that is the way to finish: A big smile!

1 comment:

Bada said...

Hey Karli-
Wow... your sister ReBecca is pretty. Do you happen to know if she has a blog? Your dad's and your blog have been so great for me over the last year I have a feeling that hers would be special as well.
Those cupcake hats are cool... do you know if they are made in adult sizes? My Pro cap size is a 8 1/8.
Thanks for keeping it so real,
Mitch