Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Being cheap never felt (or tasted) so good.

My newest obsession involves coupon sites like Groupon, Living Social or Kidsteals.  I wake up each morning excited to see what they have to offer.  It is probably good that most of them are based out of Seattle. Otherwise, I would make this family broke really fast.  But hey, at least we would look good, be fed well and really relaxed.

Now I don't claim to be a great cook, but I really enjoy it.  I love to read cookbooks, try new recipes and experiment in the kitchen. A couple months ago I purchased a coupon from Groupon for a cooking class for 2 for only $40. I was hook at it being a cooking class and sold on the price.  I immediately called Megan (god-sister) to reel her in because she loves this stuff just like me.  She is a great cook.

Megan showing her stuff.
Last weekend we took the class.  AWESOME is the word I have to describe it.  So AWESOME I have to share and encourage, coupon or no coupon, anyone to find a time to take it.  It was based in Little Italy on Yesler in Seattle, at Al Boccalino.  Luigi hosted the 3 hours where we cooked, ate, drank (me lemonade, how I missed the wine!!), laughed and made new friends.  I am going to take this class again for sure.  

1 comment:

Rosellini said...

OMGosh...We have totally donet his before. We went with a group of 6 of us a couple of years ago...didn't you love Luigi? If only it would've inspired (aka kicked my bottie into the cookie spirit) to actually cook! :) FUN! PS. I also love Groupon.