Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It's a....

BABY! 

This week marks the half way point for Baby 2.  I cannot believe how fast it has gone by.  Yesterday we had an ultrasound and appointment and everything is right on track.  Baby is as big as a pop can and growing like a weed. He/She has Amelia's little nose.

Yes, we are that couple that opts out on finding out the gender.  We do this to drive our families crazy. Well, not really.  It is life's biggest surprise and makes the day even more exciting.  I can't say that it is easy.  Wade made sure to join me so I wouldn't cheat.  We are taking bets for the gender pool starting now.

Big sister boot camp has also started with Amelia.  She is already starting to give up things that keep her in the "hood", as in babyhood.
The crib has been turned into a toddle bed.  She has done really well with the transition.  Goes right to bed at night time and stays there until the morning.  For her birthday we plan to get her a big girl bed.  I am thinking bunk-beds. .
Let the potty training begin!  She is actually the one who initiated this.  Amelia is very interested in the potty and loves to sit on it.  We are only using it at home and waiting to start at daycare once she turns 2.  However, she pees in it every time and almost pooped in it.  I mean almost because she got worried and pooped on the floor right next to the potty.  Oops.
Little miss independent. In the words of Amelia..."No, me do it!"  She is talking up a storm and repeats EVERY thing we say.  She has already repeated "s#!* and OMG. I think I was the one she copied.  Double oops.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I can't believe we have the exact same due date! And I have no clue how you aren't findig out what it is...I think the anticipation would have killed me :)

Rosellini said...

I love that you guys are waiting to find out what he/she is until the day. :) So fun. Great job on transitioning big sister to big girl bed and potty!! Hope you are feeling good!

Lyndsy said...

I am so happy for the Konings! Baby #2 on the way and such a surprise! Amelia is adorable as ever and I am so impressed with her independence. Nice work little A. I am betting boy....