![]() |
| The moon during our drive to the hospital |
This past fall I had my tarot cards read by a co-worker (find her here). One of the first things she asked me was if I was pregnant. Knowing, but not announcing anything at that I point, I just laughed. She then stated, "Well you will be having another baby in the year". She is that good.
Months later, we had the ultrasound where we could have found out the gender of our baby. We decided not to, but I was still curious. At work that week I asked her what it was. Without hesitation, she said "It’s a boy, and I am very good".
Towards the end of the pregnancy anxiety of when Baby 2 was going to make his/her appearance was getting to me and my classroom staff. One of my co-workers went to find out what the expert had to say. She stated, "During the full moon". That afternoon I went home and told Wade. He looked up the lunar calendar and saw it was at its fullest on April 18th. Wade and I joked that the moon was going to pull the baby out of me.
April 18th was my first day of leave. On days of full moons weird things seem to happen. While Amelia and I enjoyed the afternoon sun drinking hot coco and the beach with the dog, my school was in lock down for over an hour (article here). I felt guilty for not being at work and hoped the moon was going to do its trick late that night. However, I felt too good.
Around 9:30pm, Wade and I were sitting and watching TV. I started to have some contractions, but I didn't think anything of it because I have had them off and on for over a week. But one turned to two, two to three, and so on. They kept getting worse and worse and within an hour I needed to go. Wade called Grandma and as soon as she arrived to be with Amelia we were gone.
The doctor called Wade over to cut his baby girl's cord. Wade looked at the doctor with confusion and asked him to look again. Wade was pretty sure what he was looking at wasn’t a girl. Low and behold, she was a he and Liam Daryl Koning joined us at 2:46am on April 19th; under a full moon.
And my co-worker, IS THAT GOOD!
![]() |
| 7 lbs 8 oz and 20 in |
![]() |
| Proud daddy and son |
![]() |
| Meeting bis sister for the first time |




5 comments:
I already love him! I can't wait to meet him in 4 short weeks.
I can't wait to meet him this weekend! And...I wanna do a reading party or something with your co-worker!
So happy for you, wade, amelia and new baby Liam! Your coworker really is impressive! Perhaps she can clue you in to any future fiascos in store for you! Congrats familY!!
He is so adorable!! Congratulations to your new family of four! Looking forward to a play date or two with Liam and Raleigh :)
It's so crazy for me to think that we were due the same day and your baby boy is now a WEEK old and mine is still nice and comfy inside.
WOW - that is impressive. What an awesome birth story for baby Liam. Love the name - it was between Gavin & Liam for us when we were deciding. :) Can't wait to meet him. You look amazing in your post birth picture! Hope things are going well! Sending lots of love. I stare at your baby supply gift everyday as it's sitting in the kitchen waiting to be given to you!
Post a Comment