Thursday, September 15, 2011

Happy New Year

I know this post is a couple weeks late.  But being back to work full time and having two kids, makes for long days and never enough  time.


I have said it before and I am saying it again, "Labor Day weekend is my New Years".  It is the end of one year and the start of another that Tuesday with new schedules and routines.   I couldn't think of any better way to celebrate it but at Sandpiper Beach Resort in Pacific Beach, WA.  My family has been doing so for 35 years!!

This year was one for the books.  Not only was it Liam's first visit, but the weather couldn't have been more perfect.  With no phones, computers or TV it gives us all the opportunity to relax and to enjoy each other.

There was lots of playing, eating and snuggling in the sand.

Family walks on the beach.

Wade competed once again in the annual shake toss contest. And once again, he came in third (out of about 30 guys).

We enjoyed the Labor Day parade and Amelia got lots of yummy treats.

Bonfires on the beach. Falling asleep on the beach.

And best of all...having the time to read a book and play in the sun.

No comments: