Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas

Being away for the holidays, we had to figure out how to continue some old traditions, but also start some new ones.  I think Wade and I were pretty successful in making this season a "magical" one for the kids.  Amelia is already on countdown for next year.
SA-WAT-DEE!  I didn't think I would be doing Xmas cards this year.  However, my friend Amy told me that there was an app for that.  I didn't send as many as I have in the past, but it was fun to take our annual picture and share it with friends and family.

Christmas Eve (day) we decided to go downtown and see what we could find.  It ended up being a good day and hopefully a new tradition while we are here.
We first went to Ocean World.  It is a pretty amazing aquarium, with tons of fish. 
We found tons of hints of the season.  Bangkok was decorated with lights and trees.  The kids loved spotting them.
We went looking for another place to eat, but found The Outback Steakhouse.  Steak and ribs were a good taste of home and a break from Thai food.
Amelia and I went to Christmas Eve Mass with friends. 
 Having three weeks off and it being so easy to travel, it was tempting to take off this week.  But one tradition I want to continue no matter where we live, is Christmas morning at home.   The kids woke to what Santa had brought them and we opened gifts in our PJs.  Thanks to family who sent money, I was able to make a playroom.  Ikea was a blessing this season.
Opening gifts
Santa came.  My friend Amy helped me make the kid's stockings.
Merry Christmas.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, looks like an amazing holiday. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! - from the Bishops