 |
| Notice my wine bottle roller. |
|
|
When I was packing to move here in July, the last thing that crossed my mind was the holiday season. I honestly didn't think about the stockings, Fart (Elf on the shelve) and special decorations. They all got boxed away and put into the Tetras game we call storage. At this point, even if I had someone go try and find some stuff to mail me, it wouldn't do any good.
I had to let it go an move on.
Thank goodness for Ikea, friends and Pinterest we have been able to feel the season when we turn Christmas lights on, turn the lights low and blast the air con.
 |
| Cutters from Ikea |
Amelia's teacher, Miss Anne, gave us her family tree to use. She was raised here by teacher parents, but they have all moved on to Hong Kong where she would be spending the holidays. I am not the biggest fan of fake trees, but there is no real ones here, so I knew that is what we were going to get. The tree she has lent us is one of the nicest fakes I have seen.
 |
| Liam loved playing with the dough. | | | | | |
|
|
There is also not a lack of holiday decorations to be found in Thailand. For a country that is Buddhist, the Thais still like their Western traditions and Christmas is one. The decorations aren't the highest quality (think 70s plastic), but we were able to find lights and the basics. Thailand also got Ikea last year where we bought the Christmas tree starter package.
This leaves us making our home one of memories and homemade goodness. Pinterest saved us there. I decided that I was going to have the kids make dough ornaments. I researched recipes (I decided on one with cinnamon. Not only does it smell good, but it keeps ants away, I HATE ants). and we got started. The kids and I made the dough, cut out the shapes and baked them. We then took them to a friend's house where we had an ornament making party. It was a fun evening and now our tree is a little more personalized.
 |
| My oven.Yes, I do cook dinner it this every once and a while. It actually works pretty good. |
 |
| All painted and drying. |
Now all I need to do is get some stockings made. That was my plan this weekend, but time got me. I have fabric that a friend gave me. I hope to cut the pattern out and take it outside our neighborhood where there is lady with a sewing machine. I have heard I can get them sewn for around 100 bht, about $3, They may not be the personalized ones we have from Pottery Barn, but Santa will still be able to fill them. Hopefully not with coal.
 |
| Merry Christmas |
 |
| Fingerprint snowman |
 |
| Amelia's ornament she painted. |
 |
| Popsicle sticks never looked so good. Amelia HAD to have hers all pink and purple. |
1 comment:
Love the homemade ornaments! So special. Its a Christmas to remember forever. XOXO
Post a Comment