Monday, December 31, 2012

Thai Price

Most visitors to Thailand probably don't realize that most things here have two prices: one for Farangs (foreigners) and one for Thais. As an expat living here, it can get discouraging knowing that you are paying 50% or more than your Thai neighbor. I just remind myself that an average Thai does not make much and it helps to keep it fair (maybe).

However, there is a silver lining to it all for us. We were told to wait until I got my work permit before doing some of the local attractions. It was because you just show a copy of that and you got the Thai price.

It is true.

For the cost of one outing, we have been able to go on three and have still saved money over our holiday break. I feel that I am in some secret club when I go to these attractions (water park, zoos, aquarium,...) and get a better deal than the Farang beside me.

The little joys of living abroad.

Enjoy some pictures from the water part of Siam Park. It cost us $10 to get in, instead of the $33 ;).
He LOVES Magnum ice cream bars.
World's largest wave pool.  It is in the Guinness Book.
Wade's softball teammates call him Mr. December.  I wonder why?  (the guy doesn't wear a shirt unless he has too).
We took our neighbor Anna with us.  Wade was glad to have a friend to go on the big slides with :).

No comments: