Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Chiang Mai

The whole purpose for my sister's and my  trip to Chiang Mai was to relax.  We did that pretty well with shopping, eating and of course lots and lots of massages.  All of it was wonderful. It was so nice to have ReBecca here to share Thailand and to also have another adventure with.  I think she loved Chiang Mai as much as I do!

Starting and ending her visit with a foot massage.  I love these and they only cost about 4.  I normally try to get one at least once a week.  With RJ, it was at least once a day. 
We had to do something that involved culture, so we headed to Doi Sethep.  It is on top of a mountain.  We took a taxi to the main part, then hiked up. 
At the temple.  We had to rent the skirts because our shorts were too short. 
This is the market we learned about during our cooking class.  We went back the rest of the days for smoothies and fruit. 
Our cooking class. 
We spent 4 hours at a spa.  It cost us about $75, which is expensive in Thailand.  The place caters to Western people.  It was heavenly bliss.
Food: Once of our favorite activities.  
ReBecca had heard of the third gender, but didn't realize she was seeing them everywhere.  After the show we went to, she became a pro at spotting them. 
Introducing her to my favorite beer. Leo. 
Our new best friend. 
More food.  My favorite Thai dish. Chiang Mai noodles.  ReBecca loved it as much as I do. 

No comments: