Sunday, October 13, 2013

Token strikes again

I am afraid to post anything about this weekend in fear that people are going to think I am one of those mothers from Toddles and Tiara.  I swear I am not.  Judge me as you will.....

Working her model pose.
About a month ago I got a note in my mailbox at school from one of the mothers at school.  She is a fashion designer in Bangkok and was showing her line at ELLE Fashion Week, Bangkok.  She wanted to know if Amelia would model a dress from her new children's lines she was introducing right before the adult line.  I started laughing as I read it...oh Token.
The designer brand....the children's line is called Tutti Frutti.
After talking with Wade, we decided it was up to her if she wanted to do it.  We looked at fashion shows on YouTube and talked about what it meant to her.  Amelia was ALL about it, so we said yes.   We had fittings, pictures for stylist and of course, the week before, she runs into a tree and gives herself a black eye.  I thought we were done.

The eye.
Nope, the eye heals enough to be concealed by makeup and Saturday morning, Amelia and I wake up early to join all the other models for a day of practices, hair, make-up and the catwalk.  We could have left for lunch and shopping at Asia's biggest mall between events, but Amelia wanted to stay there all day and watch.  I left a couple hours before the show to meet Wade and Liam while she got her makeup and hair done.  She could care less that I was gone.  Amelia was in her prime.
Morning practice. 

She LOVED every minute of it.  She must get that from Wade. The running into trees she gets from me.

She wore a dress I would wear.  One shoulder, off white lace. 
The show.  We didn't get very good pictures of her all dressed up with hair and makeup.  When I left her to meet Wade and Liam. this was the next time I saw her.  
Liam LOVED the event as much as here.  Paparazzi got pictures of him too. 
Waiting to go it, holding up the bar, eating a Popsicle. 
The shows intro.
The "big girl" models. Wade's favorite. That day Amelia learned girls smoked cigarettes.  Before she thought it was only old men, like my dad. 
The press.
The apple does not fall far from the tree.....




No comments: