Monday, March 3, 2014

Singapore

Last week/weekend Wade and I left the kids at home and went to Singapore.  I had a conference and we met up with a college friend, Cheryl Pink.  I had a plan to get lots of pictures, but this was it.  I guess I will have to go back to get more. 

When you live overseas, seeing people who knew you from your past is a luxury you cherish.  You can sit for hours and reminisce about who we once were.  It was so great for Cheryl to lets us stay with her and be our tour guide.  Singapore is an amazing place.  Clean, orderly, and safe are just a couple words to start with.  For someone who is in business it is the place to be.  But, it costs a lot of money to stay and live there. Forbes named it the 5th most expensive city in the world for expats.  Coming from one of the cheapest, it was a hard transition.  

Most of my time was spent at the conference, but at night we went downtown and saw where the rich play.  Singapore has a very unique skyline and surrounded by water.  The whole country is only 16 miles by 24 miles and getting around was super easy and cheap with its public transportation. 

If you are ever touring Asia, I recommend stopping there. But don't stay too long or you will run out of $$$. 

(I posted this and an hour later this was published. I guess it is now the most expensive in the world!)

Handsome Man.
One of the BEST things I have ever eaten: Singapore Chili Crab. 
Most expensive drink I have ever had.  EVERYTHING is Singapore is SUPER expensive.  

No comments: