Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Ayutthaya


During the break, I wanted to use my time to see and do as much as I could.  Ayautthaya has been on my list of places in Thailand I wanted to see.  Being pretty close to Bangkok, it should be just a day trip.  So we thought.  Seven modes of transportation to get to our bike tour, we learned that there was no easy way back because everything was booked due to Songkran.  Our day trip soon turned into overnight, but we made lemonade out of lemons. 

I found a tour company on TripAdvisor that had great ratings.  After some research, I learned they had a bike-boat tour for families.  It sounded good to me and we booked.  The reviews were not lying...the tour was wonderful.  Pui, our guide, showed us the ruins with a brief history on bikes and then took us to our own private dinner cruise.  

I highly recommend Ayatthaya Bike and Boat.  Also learn more why this place is important here.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayutthaya_Kingdom

The old palace. 


Some family we don't know, but they wanted a picture with us. 
Amelia and Liam were out to count all the Buddhas.  Not an easy task. 
Can you see the Buddha?
Our guide.  The kids really liked her.  She was wonderful with them. 
The coolest Buddha in my opinion. 
Dinner cruise.  Of course Wade likes to eat all the food. 
Showing off the key chains the guide gave them.  


No comments: