In April one of Thailand's biggest holidays occurs and the whole country shuts down and celebrates. This year, we aimed to stay clean and dry and stayed away from
this. We were also super excited to have two wonderful people come visit us during our time off work and school.
For Becki and Paul's ten your anniversary they decided to cash in their frequent flyer miles, get their first passports, and travel around as much as the world they could in about ten days. Lucky for us, Thailand was on the list of places to stop. Knowing this was probably the one time they will be doing this, I had a lot of pressure to make sure the time in Thailand was full of memories. Becki wanted to ride an elephant, Paul wanted to see some fish, and Wade was determined to show them one night in Bangkok. We had a lot of laughs, great food, many old memories shared, and new ones created.
When looking at where to take them, we all knew the beach was a must. There are SOOOO many beach options in Thailand that knowing where to go can be overwhelming. I wanted to go somewhere new and they wanted to see what you see in travel magazines. After asking around, I decided on Koh Chang. Chang in Thai means elephant. Seeing that the island is shaped like an elephant's head, it earns the name. Koh Chang is a quiet island, what they saw is about five years before it gets too touristy like the island south near Phuket. It is in driving/boat distance from Bangkok towards the Cambodia boarder. It had a peaceful feel and it met my expectations of a great place to holiday. I can see why some friend's of ours go there every chance they get. I hope to one day go back as well.
 |
| One night in Bangkok.... |
 |
| Becki and her elephant ride. A memory was definitely made here. On the trail a large snake went under Liam and Goma's elephant and freaked it out. I was behind watching (not knowing what was going on), their elephant was crying, bumping into Becki and Paul's elephant and being very upset. All I could do was sit back and realize how helpless I was and that these were wild animals that we really have no control over. Thank goodness it didn't last long, but it was a moment I will not forget. |
 |
| Only in Thailand will they let a five year old ride on an elephant's head. |
 |
| This trip we brought Goma with us to help with the kids. It allowed the adults to have more time together. We rented a house on the beach, so while the big kids played, the little ones still had fun as well. |
 |
| Beach fun. |
 |
| We spent a day on White Sand beach. Paul started to feel right at home with the Thai lifestyle. |
 |
| Date night. Pictures on the beach before we head to dinner. |
 |
| Happy 10 years!!!!! |
 |
| I never thought I would have my feet cleaned by sucker fish, but I wanted to show Becki a good time. I HATED it. I lasted long enough to get a picture. Creepiest feeling ever. |
 |
| Paul found us a day boat/snorkling trip. It was the best food I have ever had on a tour before. |
No comments:
Post a Comment