Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend

Being a first time mom, this weekend had a whole new meaning for me. I now love it!! I also have a MUCH greater appreciation for all the mothers out their, especially my mom who put up with me!!

The weekend started on Friday, when Wade and I headed out to Lynden. We stopped to see his grandma and ran some errands. On the way home, we stopped at grandma and grandpa's (Wade's parents) house to say hello. While there Amelia laughed out loud for the first time! We got a video of it and once I figure out how, I will post it. She also met Cody and Jewel, Grandpa's horses, for the first time. Every time I put her close to Cody she opened her mouth and gave him a kiss. Future cowgirl on our hands!

The next day Wade and Amelia hung out while I drove to Seattle for a Spa Day at the Pro Club in Redmond with my mom and sister. It was awesome. We soaked, had lunched and massages. We spent 4 hours being pampered. I loved every second of it and we all decided it was a Mother's Day tradition each year for sure. Amelia and dad spent the day on walks and at the park.

The weekend ended on Mother's Day with Wade treating his parents and me to brunch at Anthony's. The day was so nice, so it made for a great view. After we all got home, we took naps and relaxed. We have all been fighting colds, but it didn't stop me from having a VERY memorable weekend.

1 comment:

Bada said...

Karli-
Great blogging. You and your dad's blogs are my favorites.
I have been thinking about treating myself to a spa day at the pro-club... sounds like you enjoyed yours. I must ask, can you tell me who you got your massage from? The person must have been great for such rave reviews.
Also, I can't wait to read about your 7 legged race. Must be difficult to be all tied together while one is running, one is riding a bike (I don't know what the others are doing). On a side note, I once did a 3 legged race at a company picnic (finished 3rd!). It was a lot of fun. I can assure you that you'll have a great time.
That baby of yours is real cute.
Stay Sweet,
Mitch